Repairing Your Blood Pressure Monitor with Bluetooth
Have your blood pressure readings stopped transferring over to the Babyscripts app after you take a reading? Try forgetting and re-connecting your blood pressure monitor with your phone's Bluetooth by following the steps below.
How to "Forget" and Reconnect your BP monitor with your phone's Bluetooth:
- Head to your phone's Bluetooth section (usually under "Settings") and look under "My Devices."
- See if the Blood Pressure Monitor (labeled "A&D") is listed under your devices.
- If it is listed, click on that device, and "Forget" or "Un-Pair" the the blood pressure monitor from your devices. Once you have unpaired the blood pressure monitor, it's time to reconnect it with your phone's Bluetooth and your Babyscripts app.
- Force close and re-open the Babyscripts app, and head to Health > Blood Pressure. Click on "Take Blood Pressure."
- The app will walk you through the steps to re-connect your blood pressure monitor and take a reading.
- Note: For some Android phones, the Bluetooth pairing request will come as a notification in the "Notifications Drawer" in your phone, rather than as a pop-up. If you don't see a pop-up, try swiping down to see your notifications, and see if the pairing request is there.
- Note: For some Android phones, depending on the operating system, you may also have to enable location services to properly pair your device. Only some Android phones will request access, so if you don't receive this pop-up request, no need to worry!
If you have followed these steps but are still not seeing your blood pressure readings transmitted over to your app, please contact Babyscripts Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 692-2297.
If you have additional questions, we'd love to hear from you!
844.692.2297 | email@example.com